Chester Frost Park
- Select Dates
- Select Campsites
- Pay & Reserve
Support Your Favorite Parks
Make a tax-deductible donation to Hamilton County Parks. Donations go directly to supporting the parks you love.
What is CVV?
Hamilton County Parks does not disclose or share your personal information without your express consent.
This is a secure reservation form.
Chester Frost Park
Park & Reservation Policies
Reservations can be made 365 days in advance. Restrictions still apply regarding the minimum and maximum number of nights of your stay. You are not required to bring an RV or tent to register.
You must Check In at the Ranger Station before you park or set up on any campsite. Your site is not secured until your reservation is paid in full and you've checked in at the Ranger Station.
Length of Stay: Select sites (Waterfront and Inland) have a minimum stay of 7 consecutive nights, and a maximum of 14 consecutive nights. All Other Waterfront sites have a minimum 3 consecutive-night stay, and a maximum 14 consecutive-night limit.
All Other Inland sites have a minimum stay of 2 consecutive nights, with a maximum of 28 consecutive nights. Limited Inland Walk-Up Sites are available at the Ranger Station on a First-Come First-Served basis.
After staying the maximum days on any site you must check out. Prior to relocating with a new reservation you must check in again at the ranger station. A new reservation for a different campsite is subject to availability.
Full Refunds: 7 Night Sites require 7 days prior to scheduled arrival date notice for full refund; 3 Night Sites require 3 days prior to scheduled arrival date notice for full refund; 2 Night Sites require 2 days prior to scheduled arrival date notice for full refund.
Partial Refunds: 7 Night Minimum Sites - Cancellations made less than 7 days, up to and including 1 days prior to scheduled arrival date will forfeit the first two-night's campsite fees per campsite. Remaining balance will be refunded. 3 Night Minimum Sites - Cancellations made less than 3 days, up to and including 1 day prior to scheduled arrival date will forfeit the first two-night's campsite fees per campsite. Remaining balance will be refunded. 2 Night Minimum Sites - Cancellations made less than 2 days, up to and including 1 day prior to scheduled arrival date will forfeit the first night's campsite fee per campsite. Remaining balance will be refunded. Same Day Cancellations - Cancellations made the same day as the scheduled arrival date on any campsite reservation will forfeit the first three night's campsite fee per campsite. If three or less nights were reserved, cancelling on the scheduled arrival date will forfeit all campsite fees per campsite.
- Residency: is not allowed at Chester Frost Park regardless of the length of stay.
- Campsite Transfers: Requests to transfer to another site are subject to a $15.00 fee and availability; unless due to site safety concerns as approved by Ranger on Duty.
- Check In Time: Clerks are available for check-ins from 2 PM - 6 PM. If you arrive after 6:00 PM, your tag will be installed at your site. Please call the Ranger Station after 7 am to complete your Check-In Process, 423-209-6894. Please Do Not move to another site earlier without a new check-in Tag. If you have another reservation moving to another site, we will provide you with a new check-in tag after 12 Noon and before 2:00 PM. Call the Ranger Station if you have not received your new tag by 1 PM to relocate.
- Check Out Time: 12:00 PM (Noon) No late check-outs are allowed. Reservations are a priority and all sites are subject to removal of abandoned items from campers who have failed to check out. Chester Frost Park reserves the right to assess a Late Check Out Fee of $20.00 per campsite should you fail to vacate your campsite in a timely manner past the Check Out Time of 12:00 Noon.
- Camping Tags: Please drop your tag in the mailbox when checking out at 12 Noon.
- Quiet Hours: 10 PM - 6 AM: No loud music, loud talking or bright lights are permitted. All children under 18 yrs must be on their site by 10 pm.
- Campsites: Each Campsite requires a registered guest upon Check In at the Ranger Station. Each reserved site allows up to 8 persons and may contain one approved camping unit. The site may also contain a tent but no more than three total units. Camping is not allowed on spaces between numbered sites. No Tents Allowed on the Grass except on Primitive Sites or Overflow Sites. Stabilizers and jacks must have wooden blocks under each unit when parked on asphalt sites.
- Laundry Facilities: Open 24 hours to registered guest. Please do not leave clothes in the machines unattended. Clotheslines are not allowed within the campgrounds.
- Water & Electrical Hook-Ups: Tampering of electrical hook-ups is strictly prohibited. During freezing temperatures, disconnect water hoses when not in use. If you have any mechanical issues please call the Ranger Station.
- Dump Stations: Disposal of gray or black water is allowed only at the designated dump stations within the park.
- Age Requirement: Minimum age to rent a campsite is 18 years of age or older. Any camper under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult during their stay.
- Campfires: are only allowed in the provided fire ring or by using a self-contained unit that is at least 6 inches off the ground. DO NOT leave fires unattended.
- Parking: Do not block roadways and remain on prepared surfaces at all times. Do not park in the grass, in between campsites or in empty campsites. Each campsite has a two (2) vehicle maximum; overflow parking is available throughout the campground.
- Intoxicants: Alcohol is prohibited: State Law prohibits the possession or use of illicit drugs in the Park.
- Transportation: All park patrons are required to have motorized transportation throughout the course of their stay. No unlicensed or unregistered motorized transportation is allowed. A Valid Driver Licensed is required upon check-in.
- Weapons: Firearms are prohibited unless a person possesses a valid weapons-carry license for a firearm that is valid in the State of Tennessee. Persons with such licenses may carry a firearm except where prohibited by state or federal law.
- Pets: Leashed pets accompanied by their owners are welcomed everywhere except on the Beach. If a pet demonstrates aggressive behavior toward another pet or camper, or has excessive barking you may be asked to leave the campground. Owners must also clean up after their pets.
- Collecting: Removal or destruction of wildlife, plant life, or shoreline rock is prohibited.
- Trash: is picked up daily by Park Staff. Campers should use the trash receptacles provided and keep their campsites in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Be Courteous & Respectful: Please follow designated roads or walkways and do not cut through occupied campsites.
- Amenities: 50 & 30 amp breaker service for all electrical sites. Dump Stations (See Campground Map). Laundry facilities, showers and restrooms (ADA accessible) are available to registered guests. Boat ramps, Fishing piers, and Playgrounds are available to all park visitors. Free Wi-Fi available in most areas.
- Swimming area at the Beach: No lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
- Volleyball equipment is available on loan at the Ranger Station (must leave DL/ID until the equipment is returned).
- Wi-Fi Service Our Wi-Fi is offered at no additional cost. The signal strength may vary depending on the demand, your location on the island and your device(s). Our Wi-Fi is not intended for long-term, heavy use and we do not guarantee its consistency.
Hamilton County Parks and Recreation Administration Office
2277 North Gold Point Circle
Hixson, TN 37343
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Chester Frost Park
7872 Causeway Road
Hixson, TN 37343
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Daily
Enterprise South Nature Park
190 Still Hollow Loop
Chattanooga, TN 37416
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.